Business Engineering programme places strong emphasis on the unique combination between Business and Engineering* knowledge. This programme assimilates the knowledge of Business and Engineering allowing graduates to gain competitive edge in technically oriented business positions, especially in the area of logistics, supply chain and production.
* The programme is not subject to Engineering Accreditation Council (EAC) accreditation.
FACULTY OF INDUSTRIAL MANAGEMENT
The Faculty of Industrial Management (FIM) is part of Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP). FIM was established to provide enriching teaching and learning experience through creative convergence of business and technology. Throughout the years, FIM has distinguished itself as a business school while continues to grow and nurture future innovative leaders as well as to meet the challenges of the globalised environment.
ESB BUSINESS SCHOOL
ESB Business School is part of Reutlingen University, a state-owned university in Baden-Württemberg, Germany. It is also a leading international business schools, and one of the first state institutions to offer integrated international degrees. As of 2014, ESB Business School’s programme, Business Administration and Operations Management was ranked first in the Wirtschaftswoche 2014 survey, among other business schools in Germany.
WHY GERMANY? WHY REUTLINGEN UNIVERSITY?
- In 2014, Germany was ranked first in logistics in the “Connecting to Compete” survey by World Bank.
- In 2014, Reutlingen University ranked first among Universities of Applied Sciences in Germany for its Business Administration and Engineering programme (Source: WirtschaftsWoche, 2014).
- In 2014, ESB Business School ranked first for its Business Administration and Operations Management programme (Source: WirtschaftsWoche, 2014).
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?Our Business Engineering programme is a Dual Degree Programme with ESB Business School, Reutlingen University (HsR), Germany.
- Students will complete their First and Second year of study in UMP and those who fulfil academics requirements, may continue Third and Fourth year of study in Reutlingen University.
- Students will obtain degree from both institutions:
- Bachelor of Business Engineering with Honours (UMP)
- Bachelor of Science International Operations and Logistics Management (HsR)
- Professors from HsR will be part of the teaching team in UMP.
- Learning German Language and experiencing the German Industry and Culture.
Medium of Teaching: English / Deutsch
Watch our video:
Passed the Malaysia Education Certificate (SPM) or equivalent with credit in Bahasa Malaysia or Bahasa Malaysia July paper.
1. A Level
a. Passed A Level examination with at least level 10.
b. Obtained at least C grade (3 marks) in the following subjects: mathematics, chemistry and physics.
2. Matriculation/UM foundation studies in science/UiTM foundation studies
a. Passed Matriculation/UM foundation studies in science/UiTM foundation studies with at least CPA of 3.0.
b. Obtained at least C grade (2.0) in the following subjects: mathematics/engineering mathematics, chemistry/engineering chemistry and physics/engineering physics.
3. Sijil Tinggi Pelajaran Malaysia (STPM)
a. Passed STPM with at least CPA of 3.0.
b. Obtained at least C grade in General Studies subject.
c. Obtained at least C grade in the following subjects: mathematics T/Further mathematics T, Chemistry and Physics.
English Language Requirements
MUET Band 2 must be achieved by each candidate to enter into the programme.
Faculty of Industrial Management
Universiti Malaysia Pahang
Lebuhraya Tun Razak
Kuantan, Pahang Darul Makmur
Tel: +609 549 2166 / 2380 / 2311
Fax: +609 549 2167
Islamic and Asian Civilizations
Soft Skills I
Co-Curriculum Activity 1
German Language 1
Principles of Management
Accounting I - Financial Accounting
Introduction to Computer Science
German Language 2
Corporate Finance & Investment
Soft Skills II
Co-Curriculum Activity 2
German Language 3
Fundamentals of Project Management
Supply Chain Management
Accounting II - Cost Accounting
Technical Design / CAD
German Language 4
Fundamentals of Marketing
Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering
ERP Systems & Business Process Management
Statistics with Technology
Individual Field Project – Engineering
Individual Field Project – Business
Cross Module Seminar I
Industrial Training – Report
Individual Study Project (ISP)
Cross Module Seminar II
Supply Chain Control & Management Control Systems
Advanced Project Management & Control
Technical Planning Case
Innovation & Technology Management
International Business Environment
International Transport Logistics
Warehouse & Inventory Planning
Power Management (Electrical Grids)